Friday 2 August 2013

of quantum chickens and interdimensional insects

My chickens always find a way to escape their enclosure, despite there being no obvious aperture large enough for them to fit through. No matter how long I watch the chickens I have never caught them in the act of escaping. And yet if I stop  watching them for 30 seconds they can be on the other side of the fence. Clearly they must be quantum chickens able to tunnel from inside to outside the enclosure and the quantum zeno effect occurs when I constantly observe the spatial coordinate of said chicken relative to a high gravitational barrier. Ridiculous I know but not the first time the animal world has behaved peculiarly.
Have you ever found an insect in an odd location and wondered how on earth it got there. There are always plenty of dead insects inside fluorescent light fittings. But how do flys get in between the panes of double glazing? I expect they must travel through an additional dimension and materialize in a confined space they cannot then get out of - due to some velocity dependent effect that cannot be replicated inside the glazing.
No I am not seriously suggesting that there is new physics in this. This is not an example of inadequate knowledge, meerly of inadequate observations. But sometimes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment