Sunday 29 September 2013

The onset of perspective

For three days now I  have been sat in a childrens hospital by my sons bedside. The fragility of the things that really matter to you will of course lead to achange of current perspective. Not much else matters other than my sons condition and the state of the rest of my family, not work, not academia or its lack. Physics matters a bit as I talk to the doctors and explain that I am science conversant and I understand the science behind nuclear medicine and i understand cause and effect. There is no intellectual competition going on,  I just want to understand whats happening. I suppose the powerlessness and lack of control have the effect of making you try to have some influence. scientifically speaking we tend to call the shots on what we do in the lab. So many times do we assume mastery over nature, its all a bit different when there is nothing we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment